Saturday, October 25, 2008

The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead when the skies of November turn gloomy.

According to a wise weather source (Jillian), this is the coldest October in many years.  It was -12F at the cabana this morning and it felt about perfect.This pimped out Toyota was in a Fairbanks parking lot, looks like an early 80's model with chrome wheels and enough fog lights for a concert.
Mazzy enjoys quiet mornings, below zero, with a light snow.  She's a Sagittarius boys, spade, with a penchant for heavy petting.

Here's me mushing with Jillian yesterday morning, and by mushing I mean I sat on the back of the 4-wheeler while the dogs pulled us and she steered.  It was a delightful morning, not much above zero, and the dogs loved it.  Jillian just bought an anorak EXACTLY like mine so she looked fabulous.

Here's Jillian talking to her broker on the cell phone while she mushes.  There were probably about 3 minutes in the hour when she wasn't yelling "Sell you bastards, I said sell!"  I wouldn't have minded but my Ipod wasn't working so I had nothing to block out the noise.  
Here's a pic from the front of the team, I think we had about 20 dogs out.  There was nobody else on the trails except for one lonely raven who followed us for awhile.  Pretty sweet to lose yourself in empty wilderness off the back porch and still be 5 minutes from Walmart.  Fairbanks rocks.

1 comment:

AKbushbaby said...

I'm impressed. You're almost as funny as I am. Thanks again for your help. Now if you could just make with the shovel, it would be perfect.