Sunday, April 27, 2008

My what a DUKTIG dog you have, and your IVAR is SKÄRPT and EFFEKTIV!

This is Robber, he gets in trouble at the Dog Park and then pretends that we're his owner.  

Best breakfast burritos in town, The Green Chile Kitchen, two blocks away.
Concrete words of wisdom...

Princess of the Presidio

Trader Jose- at $5.99/6 pack it's a decent Corona knockoff..
.
Well Angela and I had a wild and crazy weekend that started with a trip to IKEA in Emeryville.  Emeryville is an industrial hell-hole between Oakland and Berkley that has a higher kill ratio than Baghdad (if you don't believe me check Wikipedia- it's true)  Getting off the freeway there is nearly as dangerous as the place itself.  Although now there are expensive lofts and condos popping up like mushrooms in a cowpie and soon it will be the new "it" place- provided they fix the impossible offramp which chokes traffic to a gagging blue standstill every day at 5pm.

So we hit IKEA and learned a bunch of Swedish words and bought nothing but Swedish fish and 50 cent hot dogs.  Then we rolled to Berkley for a birthday party park picnic with an old friend from Fairbanks who I hadn't seen in about 15 years.  He was taller.  Then we battled traffic home and geared up for today when we sold off our bedroom furniture.  We bid a tearful farewell to our particle-board friends and sent them on their merry way.  They now live with a girl from Mexico City and one from Guadalajara who I then helped move their junk for the rest of the day.  It was good training for our upcoming move because I saw the benefit of downsizing.

On the morrow it's back to the salt mines...

3 comments:

Unthawed Alaskan said...

What, no Swedish meatballs?

Papa Dude said...

My friend I think it's about time you get the hell out of there while the getting is good. If you want my advice, I'd load up that truck of yours with as much cheap beer as its relatively new leaf springs can handle and and head back to where things make sense. I would then sell the beer to your cohorts in Girdwood for a substantial mark-up and kick it for a few months, drinking your friends beer. Just brainstorming here.

Rachael Ann said...

I just do not know what I would do without party dude's infinite wisdom. Like the strength of my deodorant, I just can't live without it.