Thursday, September 04, 2008

It takes two to make a thing go right

Well hello civilization, I see you've kept busy while I was gone.  Seems Alaska has stepped into the spotlight of late thanks in part to a little lady named Sarah Palin.  Now everyone is wondering why Alaskans get so much free money.  Hmmm, good question except that in Bettles gas was $8.39 a gallon and here in Fairbanks heating oil is well over $5 a gallon.  But that's just water under a bridge to nowhere is far as I'm concerned.
I had a great summer.  Lots of delightful weather, clients and no forest fires.  Fishing was good and the bears kept a respectful distance.  Here are a few pics and I will post more when the voices in my head quiet down a bit, but I suppose they're right, I should be cleaning my guns...
Can you count the number of 38 inch pythons in this picture?

PS - I think Bristol should name her upcoming kid "Esox lucius" and carry on a fantastic tradition of unique Alaska names.

No comments: